Friday, April 10, 2009

WireFox

This is another of my faves! There are a few pics that I will be purchasing for our new house! (when we find it!)

WireFox has an eye for perfection!



I am inspired by poets, even, no especially, the emotional auto-destructive ones like Edgar Allen Poe, Sylvia Plath, and Robert Lowell. I also adore healthier artists, Pablo Neruda, Frida Kahlo, Lawrence Ferlinghetti, and the like. The tension between so much life, and so much trauma fascinates me, and always will. Recently, I've tried to shy away from studying the death instinct, and look as closely as I can at lives lived in full, spurred on passions as well as the need for survival. I also adore rain storms, post offices, caffeine in any medium, hand written letters, and long conversations.



I am inspired as well by my old Professors, Carolyn Harper, the best Theatre professor anyone ever had, and a certain Jessica Rattigan who not only moderated my undergrad poetry workshops, but scheduled private sessions that were better, and more therapeutic than the majority of psychoanalyst sessions.

I've been doing photography since my hands were large
enough to both hold the camera and reach the shutter. I was terrible at it for years. Years. Fellow etsians, remember, you may have talent you are unaware of until you hit a learning curve. I wasn't any good at all until I was ten years old, and using my Mother's point an shoot Olympus on a two week trip to Costa Rica. I've long since lost those negatives and photos, and therefore convinced myself that my childhood assertion that they really were the best photos ever is correct.



However, I was not good enough to market myself until early high school, and I certainly was not a photographer anyone would want to seek our until Late college. Something about the way I saw the world began to change by degrees while I was in New York, and then I spent a summer in California, and the change was so sudden it was as if my vision had shattered and reformed over night. Since then, (that is, around 2007) I've worked as a photo editor for a college newspaper, a head shot photographer for various artists, a theatre photography archivist, a family portraiture photographer, a boudoir assistant, an etsy item photographer, a vacation documentary producer,a projection designer, fashion photographer, events photographer, a cinemaphotographer for five different independent films, and also worked with various models, a chihuahua, and several derelict buildings. Breath. I'm sure I've forgotten something.
Check out her shop! You won't be disappointed!
If you have a chance, stop by her blog!
ENJOY~

No comments: